Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Belated... First Birthday!

So I'm very behind in posting this, by like a month. In fact, Miles turned 1 year old exactly a month ago. But as I have yet to take down the decorations from his party, I'm constantly reminded of my failure not only to take down the decorations but also to write this blog post, so I thought I'd finally get to it and share some pictures. We had so much fun! The theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and with all my free time (meaning I stayed up until 3 the night before), I made the cake myself! It was my first experience decorating a cake/cupcakes entirely by myself, and while it's far from perfect, I think it turned out pretty cute. My inspiration came from Coco Cake Land (link below) and of course, the one and only Eric Carle, my very favorite children's author/illustrator!







Cute boys all cleaned up after cake!


Check out the stunningly perfect caterpillar cake and other adorable creations shared in the Coco Cake Land blog: http://cococakecupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/03/hungry-caterpillar-cupcake-party-train.html. If only I was that talented and creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment