Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Long time, no blog! Living the crazy busy life of a PhD mama...

So I totally meant to write a new post shortly after my last post, but life just caught up with me, and I never got around to it. Since then, I had started the PhD program at UofA, which consumed a large portion of my time. But even more importantly, I was busy growing and then caring for a little person!!

We experienced many changes in 2013:

First Family Photo
Miles Declan was born on St. Patrick's Day, March 17!! That was definitely one of the best days of my life, the other being the day Matt and I eloped. Nothing compares to the love you have for your child. Amazing. My sweet boy just turned 1, and I love being his mama more than anything.













 We did some remodeling in our old house and got it ready to rent while we moved into our new home over the summer. We love hiking in the hills right behind our new neighborhood and having just a little more room for everything. Hurray, Miles has his own room now too!


Matt and I both started new jobs. Matt left teaching to work full time on the business team at a computer company, and I switched from the ABBS program at UA to the physiological sciences program. While the new program is more intense in several ways, I actually find that I enjoy it more. The work/life balance is a daily challenge, and some days go more smoothly than others, but on the whole, I've never felt more productive or motivated! And that's a great feeling.

Science-ing

No comments:

Post a Comment