Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

June 21st. Judgment Day.

It's been decided. June 21st (or the less likely alternative, June 22nd) will be the day I defend my Master's thesis, which will determine if I get to update my CV. That gives me about a month to write an 80-page document consisting of 4 chapters. Yikes. I have about 15 solid pages of my introductory chapter written, not including the 15 or so title, dedication/acknowledgments, and reference pages, as well as about 12-15 pages for materials/methods and results. But there's still so much left to do. I have a couple experiments to complete, mountains of reading and writing to tackle, publishable figures to put together, and a kick-ass presentation to prepare for my defense. While I really do feel quite confident (overall) that I will achieve this goal and receive my degree, I feel very overwhelmed right now, and I am blinded by the narrow-vision that accompanies stress. You know, the kind of mental and literal visual block you feel when everything bombards you at once? Yeah. I just have to remind myself that it will get done and that these kinds of kicks in the butt (aka deadlines) are the driving forces necessary to promote the completion of long-standing projects. So now... to deactivate my Facebook account.




Also, I want this shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment